Monday, November 05, 2007

Shopping Cart Covers are here!

I finally feel like I have mastered making shopping cart covers. Thanks to those who have helped me "practice". I really appreciate it!

I was concerned with all the yucky germs on shopping carts. I had seen my older kids get pink eye and colds numerous times and I am sure it is from unsanitary shopping carts. I decided that I wanted to get a shopping cart cover for Peyton to be safe.

I began looking at stores and I wasn't happy with the styles they had. Most looked 90's style and just not for me. If I was going to pay $30-$45 I wanted it to be my style. Naturally I started looking on Ebay, but decided that I was not going to pay $60-$80 for a cover. I decided that since I had a sewing machine, I would learn to make my own and save some money! It took me quite a few times, but I mastered making them and now I am passing my new skill on to others.

Each cover will be filled with a high loft batting with extra cushion on the top section for added comfort. The fabric will be custom coordinated to your specifications and always cotton and machine washable. Special features will include a pocket on both sides for cups, keys, wallet, toys, etc. Inside one of the pockets is an elastic cord that can be used when rolling up the cover for storage, the buckle then becomes a handle to tote with.

The cover will fit most carts, swings and restaraunt highchairs to keep your little one safe and healthy.

The cost is $45.99, (unless designer fabric is wanted, then price will be adjusted) and shipping is $8.95 for priority mail.

Here are a few pictures of Peyton's. I named it my Peyton style. I love the coordinating brown and aqua w/ polka dots both of which are very popular now!

The last two pictures are of my "Annie" Style. It is a fun and cheery dot and stripe style.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Here is a more classic scheme called the Theadora.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: